VOLUNTEER PROGRAM FOR REFUGEE CLAIMANTS
If you are a refugee claimant, volunteer activities offer you a chance to:
- Practise your English.
- Make new contacts in the community.
- Gain some Canadian work experience and demonstrate your abilities.
- Learn new skills.
- Contribute to helping other newcomers.
Volunteers are also needed for:
- General reception duties: greeting visitors, answering the phone, taking messages, preparing intake forms.
- Preparing bags for the weekly Food Bank and assisting with the distribution of food.
- Sorting donations and displaying items.